Wednesday 3 December 2008

Goodness gracious - a big week!

It was a stunning 2.8 pounds lost this week - taking me to 16.2 pounds total loss. I'm starting not to recognise myself - certainly Karen has never seen me this light! I am wearing all her trousers now as mine are all too big, and hers are also a bit baggy - we are holding out on buying new stuff until our weight settles down in the new year, although we did have to buy new pyjama bottoms as the old ones kept falling off - for the first time in living memory I'm a female 'large' instead of a male 'extra large'! This morning I even put on one of Karen's bra's! I am enjoying the good weeks as I'm pretty certain there will be flat or bad weeks. So how is this all happening? The dull and boring truth dear freinds is diet and exercise and consistency - i.e. make the changes and then stick with them. We hardly ever eat cheese anymore, but since there isn't much nice cheese to be had in Canada (I'm comparing with Waitrose!) it isn't too bad a loss. We exercise 5 or 6 times a week, even if it's just making ourselves go for a walk. I'm going very slowly with the running as my big fear is that i'll injure myself (again) and that then I won't be able to exercise - and then it would become even harder to lose the weight. The Xena gym and DVD's have been a real help - I'm almost at the end of series 1 (22 episodes - each one 16km worth of bike riding). So now I'm facing the 'bloating' week, not to mention Karen's PMT, so I have to concentrate on drnking huge amounts of water and not bursting into tears all the time - wish me luck!

1 comment:

JJ said...

Hi darling sister, how wonderful, can't wait to see you (not so much of you it seems) at Christmas. Looks like I will have to do a lot of catching up so you don't look more gorgeous than me at my wedding!! Love and congrats to you both